A freeware corpus analysis toolkit for concordancing and text analysis.
Latest Help file
- YouTube Tutorials (by Laurence Anthony)
- YouTube Tutorials (by Monika Bednarek)
- YouTube Tutorials (by Hyun Jung)
- Youku Tutorials (by Laurence Anthony)
- Guide by Warren Tang (Hiroshima University, Japan)
- Guide by Taku Kaneta and Akira Murakami (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan)
- AntConc3.2.2 Tutorial (in Japanese)
- Help file translations
- AntConc3.3.5 (in Arabic) by Ahmad Haider (University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- AntConc3.2.4 (in Korean) by Dr CK Jung (Centre for Corpus Research, Yonsei University, Korea)
- AntConc3.2.1 (in Chinese) by Xiong Qing'an (University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China)
- AntConc3.1.0 Readme File (in German) by Regine Muller
My current tentative plans. If you would like see others, please feel free to suggest them on the AntConc Discussion group.
|Plans for 2015
Use the following method to cite/reference AntConc according to the APA style guide:
Anthony, L. (YEAR OF RELEASE). AntConc (Version VERSION NUMBER) [Computer Software]. Tokyo, Japan: Waseda University. Available from http://www.laurenceanthony.net/
For example if you download AntConc 3.4.3, which was released in 2014, you would cite/reference it as follows:
Anthony, L. (2014). AntConc (Version 3.4.3) [Computer Software]. Tokyo, Japan: Waseda University. Available from http://www.laurenceanthony.net/
Note that the APA instructions are not entirely clear about citing software, and it is debatable whether or not the "Available from ..." statement is needed. See here for more details.
Word frequency lists
- British National Corpus (BNC) frequency lists.
- BE06 corpus and AME06 corpus frequency lists. Developed by Paul Baker. For more information on the design of the corpora behind these lists, see Paul Baker's homepage.
- Brown Corpus frequency lists.